I’m finally at a point that i’ve wanted to be at for a long time. and, as usual for me, as soon as I ask for help with something, i figure it out.
on my sand/prod sites, i configured a “title” in a block. i then kind forgot that i had the title in the block and looked at its appearance as the result of the site information. then, using the tools that i described i changed the css. and, although i expected only the one element to be changed, i found that all the block titles were changed. but, that’s by design and is just the result of my ignorance of the way Drupal works. But now I know better. I am going to post what i did in a new post. i think it might really be beneficial.