well, after the core upgrade i went back to work on the email publishing. i really have had a hard time with one aspect of the mod. i am able to get the content in, display it in a view. but the content of the email was being stripped down to filtered html and not full so all the formatting was a mess. i have made it work though and it was this post that really helped me. I would save the “master” piece of content (node) for my custom content type to the full html spec for the body. but it would always set itself back to filtered. i tried everything. deleted the content. redid the whole work flow. more than once. went through everything i could think of. then i found that post above. and that seemed to do the trick. such a trial! i’ll write more tomorrow. but this is working and looks pretty good.
now, email newsletters from a government agency are published automatically in all their full html beauty on my site. which will be a great service to my customers.