I have decided that I want to show all content, regardless of language. But, I want to show the user interfaces in the language that has been chosen in the user’s profile. Under
- Configure, Languages – I turned on Spanish
- Detection and Selection – chose User for the method
- Language Switcher – All content. No language conditions apply.
- Configure, Translate Interface, Translate – search for strings that haven’t been translated in the UI by the defaults and translate them manually. Use http://www.babelfish.com
- create a user account with spanish as the default, open that account on a different browser or different machine to test.
- find the strings you need to translate from the spanish user’s interface, translate them on the admin side, save and test back on the spanish side.