Ug. This has been a real pain. But I believe that I finally have things sorted out. To get CKEditor working, and I mean really working in Drupal, I uninstalled the WYSIWYG mod and started over.
- I installed the actual CKEditor module from Drupal.org.
- I reinstalled the ckeditor library into sites/all/libraries
- i changed the content types to use the new editor
- i moved the iframe plugin library to the ckeditor/plugins folder
- i enabled the now-present iframe option in the ckeditor setup
there were still errors present in the CKEditor version from WYSIWYG. i think that WYSIWYG just has issues. I’m sure that there are ways to work around them but this is working for me and there are no errors. Much Better.