The first stage of my site will only involve people from the state of TN. But let’s say that the idea proves to be popular and I am in a position to expand the site to other states and I must be able to do that relatively quickly. I need to be able to:
- Organize content to geography (state by state)
- Allow members to see other states if they want to but see only their state by default
- allow a home state to be chosen in the future but have all members in TN right now
- have every site function be state specific, organizationally and functionally
So, I know that I have to have Organic Groups installed, configured and properly implemented. questions:
- If each user account has a default group (and only one since you can’t live in more than one state) is that enough to organize content
- Does there need to be a separate content type for each state even though the content itself is the same?
- Can the same interfaces be used to display content from different states separately?
All I can do at this point is work with it and see.
https://drupal.org/node/2014777 – From Drupal.org – read this…
Create Content Type – TN Members – Take the defaults, not pro front, etc. no pdf printer options